Ladies, you already know enough about The Sexy Mr. Elba. But, I’m gonna tell you a little more.
Idris Elba was born in East London on September 6, 1972. (Making him 40 years old, ladies.) His mother is Ghanian and his father is Sierra Leonean. He started out helping his uncle DJ weddings and within a year he started his own DJing company. He goes by the DJ moniker of DJ Big Driis or DJ Driis the Londoner.
He started acting in high school. We mostly know him from the HBO show “The Wire” where he played Russell “Stringer” Bell, a druglord or “Daddy’s Little Girls” as Monty . He has also won our hearts (and dreams) from him work in Obsession (opposite Beyonce’), The Losers, Takers, The Big C, This Christmas or many many others. You can find his full list of works here. Word is that he is taking a hiatus from acting to focus on his music, so soon we will hear him in the clubs. I love a Renaissance Man!
Idris Elba has an ex-wife and a daughter who are said to be living in Atlanta. As far as I found, he is single. But, you never know with our Hollywood boys. He is sexy. I am in LOVE with his accent, even though he seamlessly goes to an American accent. He is the sexy chocolate of our dreams.
DID YOU KNOW that Idris Elba co-produced a track on Jay-Z’s
American Gangster” album?
Here’s a little more of his Sexiness…Enjoy…
- Please Don’t Leave Us: Idris Elba Is Taking A Break From Acting! (madamenoire.com)
- Idris Elba on DJing: I’m always going to be criticised but I don’t care (metro.co.uk)
- Idris Elba To Take A Year Off From Acting To Focus On Who Cares What It Is Hi Idris Elba! (videogum.com)
- Idris Elba Takes a Year Off Acting to Concentrate on Being Your Boyfriend (jezebel.com)
- Idris Elba Announces Hiatus from Acting (essence.com)